Search This Blog

Recipes

Saturday, July 7, 2007

A Sad Happening

I haven't blogged much this week. I've been busy and I've been sad some this week. We all had so much fun on the 4th of July, but not everyone was having a great day. On our street a couple of young guys hurt themselves with fireworks and then I heard that an 8 yr. old had been hurt in Tumwater (that's pretty much Olympia, if you don't already know that). Thursday I found out that the 8 yr. old didn't make it. Then I saw his name. He belonged to one of the moms from my MOPS group. I only know her just a little bit, but I am still so sad for her and the whole family.
The family had been celebrating the 4th at the boy's grandparents house and the grandfather (I think) had a small (18 inches long) cannon. It exploded, sending the pieces flying and even though the boy was 100 ft. away he was hit by a piece. The memorial service is at 7 pm on Tuesday night at Westwood Baptist.
I am praying daily for this family and I hope you will add them to your prayers as well. I cannot begin to imagine everything they are going through right now.

No comments: