Search This Blog

Recipes

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Rough Day

Today has been a rough day. We woke up with high hopes for Lucy, only to have them dashed late in the morning when she collapsed outside in the yard. I had talked to the vet clinic a couple of times this morning. Once because her breathing was so labored and once because she had started throwing up, which isn't good at all because she's hardly eaten a thing since Saturday.
I did get her a little more prednisone which seems to ease her breathing a little bit. The vet was out of town, so I couldn't get much help.
I had some errands I had to run in Olympia, so I left Lucy in the kitchen not knowing how she would be when we got home. I ran my errands, got Colin and we had a little dinner. We took Ian to Awana and found a very nice someone to listen to his verses so that we could head home to see how Lucy was doing and if she was still with us. She was. This dog is a fighter. She is frail and weak, but she's hanging on. Tomorrow we go see the vet in the morning and I'm afraid we might have to make a very tough decision. Do we keep treating her or is it time to say good-bye?
On a much lighter note, I have to share a little funny from the mouth of Ian. He has been learning Psalm 23:1-6. There's one part that he has been mispronouncing and it is such a cute little mispronunciation! Instead of saying "you annoint my head with oil." He's been saying "you annoy my head with oil." Ah, to be six again!

No comments: