Search This Blog

Recipes

Friday, May 30, 2008

Charlie Brown

In case I haven't mentioned it before, my son reminds me of Charlie Brown. Not necessarily in everyday life (although that's true sometimes), but most definitely in baseball. Take for instance today, I had taken Ian in for homeschool baseball. It was cold and I'm a wimp so I was sitting in my van watching and talking on my cellphone to my mom at the same time. I noticed that Ian was in the outfield in what most likely should have been the shortstop position. He was the shortest shortstop I ever saw, he was sitting down. Not only was he sitting down, from time to time he was flapping his arms. I'm not sure Charlie Brown would have flapped his arms.
Like Charlie Brown, Ian's hat always seems a bit big and hard to see out from under, his baseball "uniform is a bit baggy and nothing seems to go quite right. Just like Charlie, Ian keeps trying and has a good time when he's out there playing the game. I guess it's a good thing that I always liked Charlie Brown, now I've got one in my house!

No comments: