Search This Blog

Recipes

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl and an experiment

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!  I'm not watching, but I hear my guys watching it in the background.  Funny, I just remembered that last year for the Super Bowl we were in Hawaii and Colin missed most of the Super Bowl because he had the stomach flu...which I also came down with a few hours after Colin.  So, this year we feel better, but it's certainly not as sunny as last year!
Since I'm not watching, I thought I would work on an experiment with a new product, Daiya cheese.  I recently spotted this product on another blog (don't ask me which one, because I am a SERIOUS blog surfer...there are too many to keep track of all the sites I visit).  I was intrigued by the promises of this "cheese".  No dairy, no gluten, no casein, no gmo's.  So far, I've seen two flavors available, Cheddar and Mozzarella.  My plan was to purchase Mozzarella to make pizza, but plans don't always work right when you send your husband to the store without you.  He came home with Cheddar.  So, I have decided to make macaroni and cheese.  Wait, that wasn't enough oomph...MACARONI AND CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  There, that's better.  This is a huge deal in my house.  There has only been one attempt at "macaroni and cheese" since we went gluten and dairy free and it was terrible, nasty stuff (it was from a box that was gluten and dairy free) .  I made it, we tried it, we threw it out and haven't tried anything else that had the word cheeze on it.  So, let the experiment begin....
I'll be back later to let you know if it was...
Happy Eating!

No comments: