Search This Blog

Recipes

Monday, June 11, 2007

Back to the Blog

Wow! I have really not been blogging much lately. My parents came to visit for a week and a half and right after they left, sinusitis arrived. I'm on an antibiotic right now and prednisone(which I can't wait to get off of, it makes me kind of hyper and wound up and I just don't like it. It is helping my nose, but I could do without the side effects).
I guess I'll give you a little synopsis of what we did while my parents were here.
We went to Multnomah Falls on their day of arrival (poor mom and dad, we wore them out). It was a gorgeous day and I got some great pictures of the Falls. I had only seen it in the fall on a very rainy day (that was on my honeymoon, so it's been a while since I had been there).
We did a lot in our small town. We went to the little restaurant downtown that's only open Monday through Friday for lunch and I guess it's open Friday night for wine and cheese tasting (not my thing at all). Their food was so awesome. Homemade bread, salad dressings, soups, quiche, sandwiches and desserts. Ian had 1/2 a BLT and ate all of it (it wasn't small even though it was a 1/2). I have some cute pictures of him wearing mayonnaise from his sandwich.
We went to the beach. Boy was it cold!!!! At home it was in the 70's or low 80's, at the beach...55 and the wind was blowing. We cooked out Nathan's brand hot dogs on our Coleman camping grill. Yumilicious! Ian made sand castles and had a blast. We ended that day leisurely shopping in Ocean Shores and then having ice cream cones with ice cream made in the shop we got them at. "Homemade " ice cream. I guess that's what you call it even though they make it at their store. Whatever you call it, it was very yummy. I had a rocky road cone (a small and that was too big so I shared it with Colin).
We had a portraits taken. We got Ian's 6 yr. old pics, family pics of the 3 of us and some with all of us, my mom and dad included. I get to pick them up on Wednesday. They turned out pretty good.
We played a lot of Mexican train dominoes. Ian loved that! My mom helped him play and he thought it was the coolest game ever.
I guess that would be all the highlights. We had a lot of fun, but also took it pretty easy. We actually got some rest on our vacation. Amazing!

No comments: