Search This Blog

Recipes

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Angels in Heaven Are Rejoicing!

We had a really rough day yesterday. In fact, the past few days have been very rough with Ian. He had entered into a phase that I found extremely disagreeable. He was sassy and disrespectful and very much into telling everyone that they were wrong and he was right, parents included. He also was trying to hit me. He ended up with several consequences. Early bedtime for three nights. No t.v. Actually, I think the no t.v. is a good idea in general. He behaves much better when he has no t.v. or only 30 -60 min. a day. Sometimes, he gets too much t.v. even though we try to limit it a lot.
Today was the day of no t.v. Ian has been playing with his toys and being creative and he has a much better attitude. I'm cleaning for company that's coming this weekend. Dinner Friday night and Colin's b-day party on Sat. Ian and I started talking about his behavior yesterday and what God thought about that behavior and then we started talking about salvation. I asked Ian what it meant to be saved. Did he know what sin was? Who are sinners? Things like that. We kept talking and I asked Ian if he had ever asked Jesus into his heart. He told me, 'I think so, but I'm not really sure." I told him that if he had asked Jesus into his heart, he would remember (or I would remember for him) and I asked him if he wanted to pray and ask Jesus into his heart to be his Savior and he said 'yes'. So Ian prayed with me and asked Jesus into his heart. I double checked to make sure that he didn't say the prayer just to please me. He told me 'no. I did it because I need Him.' Hooray! I am rejoicing and I know the angels in Heaven are rejoicing, too! Happy Birthday, Ian!!!!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Yippeeee!!!! Welcome to the family, Ian! :-) I'm very happy to be your sister.