Search This Blog

Recipes

Friday, August 10, 2007

Savory Faire

I took my friend Dottie out to lunch for her birthday today. Her birthday was Sunday, but we celebrated today at Savory Faire. I love the place! They make all their own bread and desserts and everything is so delicious and incredibly filling. I learned after my first trip there to only order half a sandwich because their bread slices are very big. Today Ian had half of a grilled ham and cheese, I had half of a roast beef saute and Dottie had a Reuben on their homemade Swedish orange rye bread.
We ate outside in their patio garden area. What a treat. For dessert we all shared a cinnamon roll, a pecan bar and a Savory Faire bar. The place is simple, yet elegant and gourmet in a relaxed sort of way. The kind of place that looks like it stepped out of the pages of a book.

No comments: