Search This Blog

Recipes

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Back at last

I didn't blog this week as we were busy getting ready for a surprise birthday party for Colin's mom. All I kept wanting to blog was about the party, so I didn't write anything so she would be surprised.
We had a great time celebrating the big number 60 with her. Everyone showed up at her house and surprised her. We threw a potluck and had an interesting menu of some soups, casseroles, salads and KFC chicken.
She got lots of plants for her birthday and a cool cart to haul things around with. I took lots of pictures. She's such a plant person. At one point she got a bleeding heart plants and she and her sister oohed and ahhed over it. I chuckled to myself over that thinking of the difference between mom (the plant person) and me (the not so much a plant person). I probably would have said something like uh-huh or oh, that's nice if someone had given me a bleeding heart, but not mom, she was excited about it. Probably because she knows exactly what it looks like and where she wants to put it in her yard!
I had put together a photo album of pictures of mom with other people. It was supposed to be 60 pictures but, of course I had too many so I just put them in there anyway.
We had such a fun time. I hope Colin's mom did, too. Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments: