Search This Blog

Recipes

Friday, August 22, 2008

New Developments

Well I see that I am slacking in the blogging department. A whole week since my last blog! I suppose that's because there's been a lot going on. I'll start with the results from the MRI. They were good and bad at the same time. My bones are okey dokey, but I have 6 lesions on my spine. 3 are typical spinal hemangiomas and 3 are atypical. They are benign and supposed to be "painless", but I'm not so sure about that. I've read about lots of people who did have pain from these. I have a follow up on Monday. Knowing Group Health, they'll just want to "keep an eye" on them, but not do anything.
My back has been relatively pain free this week. Which is good and strange at the same time. I have no idea what caused it and how it could get so incredibly bad that I could barely lift my head and then disappear in a week or so. Strange. Not that I'm asking for the pain back. No thank you. I just wish I knew what caused it so I could fix it or avoid it and never have that kind of pain again!
I got some great news this week. My mom and dad are going to visit us this November!! Hooray!! I can't wait for them to come and meet Dilly and see some of the very few changes we have accomplished since they were here last summer.
Well, I'm sure there's more, but I had caffeine last night and took my medicine too late at night, so I've been up all night! I still don't feel tired, but I suppose I should try to get some sleep before Ian is up. Looks like Colin will be home today. He's coughing and has a sore throat for the second day in a row. Hope he's not coming down with something like he thinks he might be. Looks like I'd better put soup on the menu for today!

1 comment:

amiablerain said...

I am sorry you have problems with your back.I will pray for you
That is great your parents are coming to visit you.
Thats wonderful news.