Search This Blog

Recipes

Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Real Pain in the Neck

It's been a little while since I last blogged. I was trying to get better. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working.
I had my ultrasound of my kidneys Friday afternoon. Friday night I had my Bunco night and I felt pretty good. I thought maybe I was getting better. After Bunco we came home and went to bed soon after getting home. When I was laying down I noticed my neck hurt a little. I told Colin, but didn't think too much about it until I woke up Saturday morning.
Saturday morning I woke up and started to get up. My whole back hurt. My neck hurt and I could hardly lift my head off my pillow. When I did finally make it out of bed I could hardly straighten up and when I did the pain in my pelvis took my breath away.
Even my knees hurt! It was like that all day yesterday.
When I woke up this morning it was the same plus my finger joints hurt. So I called and talked to the consulting nurse and found out some interesting information. I found out that I do not have kidney stones, but they want a CT scan of my kidneys to get a better picture of them. Then the nurse asked if they had mentioned anything about some deformity in the vertebrae in my spine which they had not. I asked if it was like arthritis in my spine and although she isn't allowed to diagnose, she said yes it's like that. So I have an appointment to see a doctor tomorrow and see what they say. I do have an MRI of my lumbar spine scheduled for Friday. We'll see how it goes. At this point I am experiencing more pain in my body than I ever have before.

No comments: