Search This Blog

Recipes

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Grand Birthday Plans

Ian's 6th birthday is a week away so I decided to ask him what he wants for his birthday. I have most of his gifts already, but we're thinking about a swing set for the backyard. Ian's first answer was, of course, Hot Wheels. So I suggested that maybe there might be something for outside that he might like. He thought about it for a minute and asked me to follow him down the hall. He led me to the game closet at the end of the hall and stopped. "This is where we can put a door to the backyard and we can build a porch out there" he announced. Not exactly the idea I had in mind, but not surprising since he had been watching HGTV part of the morning! I did finally gently nudge him in the direction of maybe wanting a swing set, it's a bit more economical than his plan!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Oh yes. A boy after my own heart. :-)