Search This Blog

Recipes

Monday, April 16, 2007

What a Monday

It's only 9:35 in the morning and already I know, it is one of those Mondays. I got to sleep in a little so that was good. I think it was the only good thing so far. I feel like Alexander from the children's book. I am having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I took my shower and went to blow dry my hair and the motor in my blow dryer blew up. I hate blow dryers going out. I thought I'd check my email and found that the Airedale rescue lady had forwarded a recall on my dog's food (not the same as that scary recall). I hate recalled dog food. So now I have a wet head and will eventually have some very funky hair, I have to go to buy a blow dryer and new dog food after work. What else will Monday bring??
Okay, that was good, I got it out. So now to switch gears from Alexander and to look at it from the positive side. I know God is in control of my day, so perhaps the blow dryer blew up so it wouldn't cause a fire in my house at a time when I might not notice it. My dog has been itching a lot and I was thinking it was time to switch her food, now I get to do that and probably won't cost me anything, or very little. That's better. Count your many blessings, name them one by one. Count your many blessings see what God has done!
Oh- a little side note: On Saturday Colin got his haircut at the place he's been going to with Ian, Ernie's. They think Ian is pretty neat. I hadn't been in there before. They're a husband and wife team who have a grown-up son named Ian. The wife was talking to me about Ian and telling me little things he had done and she told me they had been talking to Ian and it must have been when Colin and Ian were getting ready to leave, I think, they told Ian to have a good day and he told them 'Every day's a blessing.' I love to hear that coming from my child!

No comments: