Search This Blog

Recipes

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Friday and Saturday

Friday was a busy day. I met up with Colin's mom at Home Depot to drop off Ian so he could spend the night with Grandma and Grandpa. We also priced backyard play equipment. We're planning on doing that for Ian's birthday. I'm sure Ian had no clue when we left Home Depot that he might be getting play equipment for his birthday (we were there for an hour looking at everything) ha ha ha.
After dropping off Ian, I ran some very important errands. I bought things for the birthday goodie bags for Ian's guests and then I did some personal shopping for the Easter Bunny. I think I'd like to sign up for the Easter Bunny to come visit me again- he's got some pretty cool stuff! I also ordered Ian's birthday cake- Thomas the Tank Engine, of course.
I finished my errands in time to go pick up Colin from work and head to dinner at the Mayan. We had a gift certificate that I won last June in a Salsa taste competition at Colin's work. I had yummy Mexican food, Colin had a cheese burger and fries. I'm still chuckling over the waitress' shock at his order. She did a small double take and asked in her cute accent if he was sure he wanted a cheese burger.
After dinner we went to our MOPS and POPS night and played Spoons and Hearts. We had a lot of fun.
Saturday morning we dragged ourselves out of bed and headed back to town to sign Ian up for swimming lessons. Sign-up started at 10:00 am, we got there at 9:40 and we still waited in a huge line! Next year we aim for 9:15 and bring a book! Finally, we finished the sign-up process. We went to a late breakfast and ran a few errands (yes, they were birthday related errands) and then headed down to pick up Ian's at his Grandma and Grandpa's. When we got there he was having a great time playing with the train set that Grandma has. We visited for a little while and then headed home. On the way home, Ian was telling us all about what he had done with Grandma and Grandpa. He told us that they'd gone to McDonald's for dinner and he'd gotten a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle for his toy, but the girl's toys were from the Lizard of Oz. "Lizard of Oz?" I questioned. "Do you mean the WIZARD of Oz?" I asked him. 'No', he said 'the LIZARD of Oz and after that comes Oz of LIZARDS!' Considering that it was McDonald's toys and you never know what they might come up with, I let it drop. I checked when we were at Ian's birthday party on Sunday, they had very cute Madame Alexander Wizard of Oz dolls! Silly boy!

No comments: