Search This Blog

Recipes

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Land of Winken, Blinken and Nod

I wish I could say that the land of Winken, Blinken and Nod was working out well for me now. Sadly, I cannot say that. My sleep has been messed up since we got back from Hawaii and it doesn't seem to be getting better. Take last night for example. I went to bed at eleven. I lay there trying to sleep for an hour, but nothing was happening, I was wide awake, so I got up and spent a little time on the computer. At ten till one I realized it might be snowing, I checked and it was. Then I went back to bed and had the same problem. I finally got to bed and sort of fell asleep sometime after 3.
Of course, going to bed that late affected my morning. It's all a weird cycle of not being able to sleep and then crashing and not being able to move when I want to in the morning.
I haven't had any caffeine and today I am refraining from anything chocolate to see if that helps. This weird sleep is wearing me out even more than I was already worn out. Maybe tonight I'll try the warm vanilla milk that I make for Ian when he has a hard time getting to sleep. You never know, it might work for me, too.

No comments: