Search This Blog

Recipes

Friday, April 25, 2008

A Better Day

Thursday was a much better day than Wednesday for me. The van seems to be okay and it was my once a month Bunco night. My friend Dottie finally got to go with me to Bunco. I've been trying to get her to come for months, but either it got canceled or she had plans. Finally, it all worked out and she got to play Bunco. Of course, she loved it. I knew she would. We had sort of a taco/nacho bar dinner (yummy). Then we played Bunco. Dottie won the hostess prize, which costs more than all the other gifts. I think she's going to join our group. Hooray!
Ian got to say the verses he was going to say at AWANA last night over the phone Thursday night instead. That is a huge praise! He has been working on these verses for at least 3 weeks and I don't think I could handle going over them for one more week so he wouldn't forget. I am very proud of him, though. It was a lot of verses to say all together. He had eight verses to say without stopping. Here's what he said:
John 10:10-18
I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the Good Shepherd: the Good Shepherd giveth His life for the sheep.
The hired hand is not the shepherd that owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.
I am the Good Shepherd, I know my sheep and my sheep know me.
Just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay my life down for the sheep. I have other sheep who are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there will be one flock and one shepherd.
The reason my Father loves me is I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.

And yes, I have it memorized, too. I memorized it before Ian because I had to keep practicing with him so much. Pretty big chunk to memorize, huh? Way to go Ian!
In case you're wondering why this post says it was written at sometime after 4 am...I had caffeine at Bunco and I haven't had caffeine for several weeks!

No comments: