Search This Blog

Recipes

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup

We have been fighting bugs at our house this week. Colin and I had a tummy bug over the weekend and mine lasted until today. Ian has had a flu bug, running a fever and complaining of an earache. He slept for 2 hours this afternoon, which is pretty much unheard of for Ian.
Yesterday I really wanted my mom's homemade chicken noodle soup. I sent Colin to the store for some supplies and suggested he bring home mom's chicken noodle. He just chuckled.
Today I finally felt good enough to make the soup, so I did. I even made mashed potatoes to go with it. Colin wasn't too keen on the idea, he was set on having pbj sandwiches, but I persuaded him. I told him he liked it. He has a very poor long term memory regarding whether he likes something I make or not. Although, I must admit, I don't make chicken noodle all the time. So he ate the chicken noodle and I guess he liked it because he asked me to pack some of it for his lunch tomorrow. That's just like him, he protests something and then he finally remembers he likes it. Silly!

No comments: