Search This Blog

Recipes

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

8 Random Things About Me

So I was reading yet another blog and they had written 8 random things about themselves because they had been "tagged by someone else. I got to the end of their post and it said if you are reading this and have a blog, consider yourself tagged. So here goes: (if I can think of more than 8, I'll try to list those, too).
1. I have my very first "real" garden of my own this year. The in the ground kind of garden, not in containers. I did do that before, but it isn't quite the same as a garden in your yard.
2. I despise conflict. It seriously stresses me out. I hate having to say something to someone that might upset them because that means they might get upset with me.
3. I paid for part of my college with a vocal scholarship. It covered everything, books, tuition, art supplies (I was an art major at the time). I wish I could have paid for all my college that way. The scholarship was a "God" thing. I know it was because I went to the college to sign up for one class as I didn't have enough money for more than that. The college advisor looked at my transcript (I was returning to college at this point, I'd already gone 2 years somewhere else) and saw that I had been in choir at my previous college. But guess what?! The only reason I had been in choir is when I was taking music for the elementary teacher, the instructor was also in charge of a choir and needed a few more people and encouraged us to enroll. That had been 3 or 4 years prior to my going back to school at this new college. So the advisor saw that and said she had an idea. She took me over to the choir director and I tried out for the choir right then and there and that was it. I was in the choir and I had a full scholarship. Amazing!
4.I am a cancer survivor. So far in my life that has been the scariest thing I've ever heard- you have cancer. I am thankful I have been given more time here and even more thankful that even after chemo I was able to have a son.
5. I had my first job at age 13. I started babysitting. I don't think there's been a year in my life since then when I haven't been working with children in some way or another.
6. I hate pantyhose! Can't stand them. They always get twisted on me and they're just ANNOYING! I am positive they were invented by a man!
7. I love my family. All my family, even though a lot of my family is far away from where I live. I talk to my mom on the phone almost every day.
8. I don't like going to the dentist. This is another thing that completely stresses me out. It's nothing against the dentist, it's just me. I had a huge gap between my front teeth and when I was five they cut the muscle in between my two upper front teeth so the gap would close in. I've had issues with dentists ever since.

Okay. That's 8. If you're reading this and you have a blog, consider yourself tagged! You knew that was coming, didn't you?

1 comment:

Missy said...

I accepted your tag. Question for you: Do you want me to link to your blog when I mention your name, or not? I haven't done it because I'm not sure if you want strangers coming over here. Let me know.