Search This Blog

Recipes

Monday, June 16, 2008

Super Deluxe Ranch Nachos

I am sharing one of Colin's favorite meals with you. I came up with this recipe last summer and it was a big hit around here. If you get to the end of the recipe and think' hmmm, that seems pretty close to Taco Salad, you would be right. It is very similar, just with a little less stuff and by calling it Nachos, I get a positive reaction from my husband, which I don't get when I say we're having taco salad.
So here's the recipe:
A little side note...we use the ranch dressing made from packets (we use Uncle Dan's, but Hidden Valley Ranch works just as well). I have not tried this with bottled ranch.
Super Deluxe Ranch Nachos
1 lb. hamburger
1 taco seasoning packet
Crumble and brown hamburger and use taco seasoning packet (following the directions on the packet)
1 can refried beans ( warm in microwave or in a pan on the stove)
Shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
Shredded ice berg lettuce (I cheat and buy the Shreds bag, but you could easily shred your own)
Diced tomato
sliced green onion
Ranch dressing
Salsa (if desired)
Tortilla chips ( I use ones that are like what you get in the Mexican restaurant)
To assemble:
Place tortilla chips on plates ( 1 plate per person, not a big plate for everyone, although that would work if you are using this as an appetizer instead of a meal).
Sprinkle cheese over tortilla chips ( I usually microwave each plate for about 15-20 seconds on high to melt the cheese.
Place shredded lettuce on top of tortilla chips ( a little or a lot, that's up to you!)
Place a dollop of warmed refried beans in the center of lettuce. Sprinkle taco meat over lettuce and beans. Sprinkle a little cheese over the top. Sprinkle on diced tomatoes and green onions and drizzle the whole thing with some Ranch dressing. If you want salsa, place a little on top.
Serve and enjoy!
This is so easy to make and my guys love it! This is "my " recipe that I came up with one day when I wanted to make taco salad and realized I was out of sour cream. I know it looks like a lot of steps all typed out, but it really is super simple!

I think I'll make this tomorrow night for my birthday. Yum!

No comments: