Search This Blog

Recipes

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Who Said There's No Such Thing As A Free Lunch??

Today I am still stuffed up. My nose is stuffed up and even my ears are stuffed up, and popping, too. Life, however goes on and so must I. Ian had a dental appointment this morning at 11 so I had to get up at a decent time, not a 'I don't feel well, I'll sleep til whenever time'. At one point I was going to let the dog out, I changed my mind when I saw that it was hailing so much that it looked like it was snowing. It stopped a little later so Lucy was able to go out and take care of business.
Since Lucy still leaks off and on (it's better, just not 100%) she was placed in the garage with all her doggie delights and we were on our way to the dentist appointment that Ian didn't want to go to. We got there and he had his teeth polished, flossed and fluoride treated. Then he got to get a toothbrush, toothpaste and floss. The dentist looked at all his teeth and declared Ian was good to go and that Ian could get a toy from the prize box. Ian decided that going to the dentist wasn't so bad after all, as long as he didn't have to get any fillings.
Since the appointment was late morning we decided to go get lunch after we were finished so we headed to Ian' favorite place; McDonald's. We got in line and had been waiting for a few minutes before I noticed the signs taped to the cash registers stating that the debit reader machine wasn't working. Normally I would have just left since I don't have cash on me often. This time I had $5 so I figured I'd get Ian's food to go and find something for me somewhere else. I decided to ask Ian if he still wanted food from McD's or if he wanted to get something from somewhere else with me. Well, he was talking to the lady in line behind us. She was obviously an employee of Target as she was wearing their work shirt and her name tag said Target and her name Sharon. I asked Ian the question and before he could answer Sharon offered to buy our lunch. I tried to politely refuse ,but she said "No, no, it'll be my treat. Get whatever you want." I tried to take out my five dollar bill but she told me to put it away. So she bought our lunch.
While we were eating lunch we saw Ian's preschool teacher with her grandsons. So we ate lunch with them and had a great conversation.

No comments: