Search This Blog

Recipes

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Cold Weather

Have I mentioned that I'm not overly fond of cold weather? As I sit here typing, it's 27 degrees. 27!!!!!! I am thankful that it is not a work day or church day or any kind of day that I have to go anywhere. I am going to hibernate. Even Lucy, the dog told me it was too cold.
We did get snow yesterday, but it wasn't too slippery. Only part of our drive was a little slick. I worked from 9-4 so that we could leave while it was still daylight. Colin and I commuted together. Normally we both work until 5, but we would have been going home in the dark with falling temperature and already wet roads.
Ian and I missed AWANA and Bible study (they didn't cancel for the weather). :(
I hated to miss, but we didn't want to drive home on ice.
We are thinking about signing Ian up for tumbling. The community is offering it for K-2 at the elementary school near our house. We thought maybe he could meet some other kids from the area. He isn't quite sure what tumbling is and he's not quite sure he wants to go to it, but he's slightly interested.
Did I mention that Ian woke us up at 4:30 in the morning yesterday??? And that we never got back to sleep?? Do you know what happens to you when you do that??? You do ok all day long, feel a little tired, but ok. You come home, you have dinner, still doing ok and then you go sit down. Ten minutes later, you are ready for bed and trying to convince the little guy (that woke you up at 4:30 am and did go back to sleep until 7:30 am) that bedtime really is NOW, in the middle of the Peter Pan movie that you put on before you actually sat down. So yes, our whole family went to bed at 8 pm, which is probably why I am awake at almost 2 am. Not for much longer, though. I'm going to get some more sleep. ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No comments: