Search This Blog

Recipes

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Snow

I know. I didn't post anything yesterday. I was working and after that, I really couldn't think of anything I wanted to share until I watched the weather forecast last night. I saved it for today. They are calling for a big storm to move in this afternoon. It's supposed to be in the 20's and we might get snow. Which brings me to my topic: snow.
I don't know if you know this, but I have rules for snow. Of course, snow doesn't usually follow my rules, but here they are anyway:
1. Don't fall on a day I have to work or need to drive anywhere (preferably a Sat., but Tuesdays and Thursdays are ok).
2. Do not fall on or stick to driveways, sidewalks, roads, parking lots, etc.
3. Do not overstay your welcome. A day or two of snow is nice. Maybe even a week. After that, it's time to move on.
4. Be the kind of snow that makes a good snowman. Otherwise, what's the point?
5. Do feel free to show up for Christmas. You're always welcome then.
6. Don't show up in the spring...it just depresses everyone
7. Don't fall only at night. We like to see when you're coming down.
8. Never ever turn to slush or ice.
So, those are my rules. If we get snow tonight, I'll see if any of them were followed. I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: