Search This Blog

Recipes

Sunday, January 7, 2007

Oatmeal Raisin cookie cereal

Doesn't the name sound fancy?? It's really just hot oatmeal with some cinnamon, currents, brown sugar and a little butter in it. Colin and Ian love it. I think part of it is psychological because they both love cookies. Especially oatmeal raisin cookies. I made it yesterday morning for breakfast and both of them gobbled it up. We had some left so I saved it for this morning. I told Colin I was going to go reheat some for breakfast this morning and he said "I was just thinking about that". That means he really liked it!
Well, I overdid it yesterday, cleaning all day long. I could barely move this morning. It was very dark and stormy at 7 am. Ian woke up long enough to go to the bathroom and ask to have his blankets straightened out. He went right back to bed. I thought he was waking me up in the middle of the night...that's how dark it was. We've been having lots of rain...excuse me, I mean.. we've been having LOTS of RAIN!!!!!
I've been sleeping better the last two nights. I got smart and left our bedroom door open a crack so Lucy can leave if she gets thirsty or wants to go sleep in the living room. That way she isn't waking me up and keeping me awake at 2 or 3 in the morning.
Today, I'm still going to try to get a bunch of stuff done, but I'm also going to try to get a little rest. Back to work tomorrow and I'm working late.

No comments: