Search This Blog

Recipes

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Here Comes The Rain Again

The sun is hiding today and it's dark and gray and misty. Kind of like my news from the vet. I took Lucy in to see about getting some medicine to help her stop leaking urine when she's asleep. They listened to her heart and said it was even worse than a month ago. Her heart murmur is very pronounced. There were no normal heart sounds. They let me listen to her heart. All I heard was whoosing, no thumps. So now she needs x-rays and an ECG and a trip to a doggie cariologist for an echocardiogram.
I love this dog, but good grief we've only had her a month and a half. Is she going to be ok after we do all this or will we spend this money and find out there's nothing we can do??? Why didn't the animal shelter notice her heart murmur? I hope she will be ok. Ian has just finally gotten comfortable enough with her to start petting her and he loves playing with her. She's such a sweetie. Pray that she'll get better or that her cure won't cost too much. There's only so much we can afford.

No comments: